Bungee jumping at a height of 160 meters over the Bhote Koshi River, near the Tibet border in eastern Nepal, is one of Nepal’s most thrilling adventure activities. The greatest opportunity to experience the thrill of bungee jumping and fulfill your daring desires is to go to the Bhotekoshi gorge, which is located 12 kilometers from the iconic friendship bridge on the Nepal-Tibet border. It is the world’s second highest Bungee jumping spot and is about a three-hour drive from Kathmandu. The world’s only bungee jump in Nepal was designed by New Zealand’s premier bungee experts and is specifically suited for bungee jumping.
The Gorge: The jump takes place on a 166-meter-wide steel suspension bridge that spans the Bhote Koshi River.
The Bridge: A Swiss-built bridge with a 4x safety factor, developed specifically for bungee jumping. The loading factor for the bridge is 250kg per running meter. This indicates the bridge will be able to support 250 x 166 = 41,500kg (4.5 tons). The bridge was constructed with around 6000 meters of steel wire. The bridge spans a large valley and connects its two sides.
Highlights of Bhote Koshi Bungee Jump
- The ultimate sensation of Bungee Jump over the Bhote Koshi River.
- The world’s second highest bungee jump location.
- The journey to the destination is scenic.
- Visit the well-known Friendship Bridge, which spans the Nepal-Tibet border.
• Pickup from the hotel at 6:00 am and drive to the location of bungee (Duration: 3hrs)
• Lunch at ‘The Last Resort’.
• Bungee Jump
• Optionally you can also explore around the local places.
• Drive back to Kathmandu.