Please read these booking conditions carefully, since paying the deposit (per person, per tour) signifies that you have read and agreed to the terms. Rainbow Mountain Treks, based in Kaldhara Marg, Paknajol, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal, is responsible for your contract. In the booking restrictions that apply to all of the tours on this website, Rainbow Mountain Treks will be referred to as “the company.”
01. CONTRACT ARRANGEMENTS AND DEPOSIT: When you make a reservation, you must fill out a booking form, agreeing to the terms of these booking conditions on behalf of all members of your group, and pay a non-refundable deposit of 10 to 35 percent per person, each trip. You accept that you have read and agree to the following terms and conditions by paying the deposit. All persons mentioned on the booking form are collectively referred to as “the client(s)” or “you.” If the reservation is booked through a travel agent, all contacts from the firm will be directed to the agent, who will act as the client’s agent in all communications with the company.
02. CONTRACT: No contract exists between the company and the client until the specified deposit has been paid and the company has verified the client’s booking on the booking form in writing (‘the confirmation invoice’).
03. PAYMENT: The balance of the tour price (65 to 90% of the total cost), as well as any other costs (where applicable), must be paid upon arrival at the tour starting city; otherwise, the company may treat the booking as cancelled by the client, and charge cancellation fees as described in clause 4 below. All money paid to a travel agent by a client as part of or in anticipation of a contract with the company is held by the travel agent on behalf of the client until the company releases a confirmation invoice in acceptance of the booking. Following that, the travel agent acts as an agent for the corporation, holding the client’s money until the company requires payment.
04. CANCELLATION BY YOU: Cancellation of a booking must be done in writing, by the individual signing the booking form, and will not be effective until the company receives such cancellation. Cancellations must be submitted in writing at least 15 days prior to the trip’s departure date. Cancellation will begin on the day it is received and will be valid only if the firm approves it. The trip will therefore be declared canceled, and a cancellation fee of 10% to 35% of the trip cost will be assessed. If applicable, you will get a refund from your first deposit payment shortly after. If you do not offer adequate cancellation notice within 15 days of your trip departure, or if you do not arrive at your scheduled arrival time without prior notification, you will forfeit your whole trip deposit. Note that you will be charged cancellation fees if you cancel after receiving your booking confirmation or if you do not pay the entire cost of the tour within the stated time frame. If you want any additional adjustments to your original tour, the person who booked it must present a written document detailing the requested changes. Changes may occur, but they are not assured.
05. GUARANTEED DEPARTURES: Rainbow Mountain Treks guarantees the departure dates of all excursions offered on the website and in the brochure, subject to clause 6 described below.
06. RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TREKS CANCELLATION: Rainbow Mountain Treks reserves the right to cancel the tour in any case, and all tours are subject to numerous valid reasons caused by internal or external causes. However, unless there is a severe reason, such as a natural calamity that makes travel difficult, the company will not cancel the tour. If the client fails to pay the final balance prior to the departure date, the company will cancel the reservation. In the event that the company is unable to provide the trip requested, the client will receive a full refund or an alternative holiday of equivalent quality.
07. THE COST OF CHANGING THE TOUR: A client can only modify his or her confirmed arrangements if the change is made more than 15 days prior to departure; an administration fee of US$30 per person, per change, plus any additional costs incurred by the company, will be charged. Cancellation fees apply to changes made 15 days or fewer before departure, as described in section 4 of the booking restrictions.
08. TRANSPORTATION TO THE TOUR ASSEMBLY POINT: It is the client’s responsibility to make his or her own travel arrangements to the tour assembly point (as mentioned in the itinerary). If the customer is delayed at the outgoing or return points of departure, there are no arrangements in place.
09. NUMBER OF PASSENGERS CARRIED ON VEHICLES: The company sets its own restrictions for the number of passengers carried on the vehicles, but it is not obligated to these limits unless the company determines that unusual circumstances exist.
10. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITIES: It’s critical that you double-check the information on your Confirmation Invoice when you get it. If there is a discrepancy, you should contact Rainbow Mountain Treks right away.
11. NO CHANGES TO THE BOOKING Terms, ETC: Unless it is in writing and signed by a director of the company, no servant or representative of the company has the authority to change, adjust, or waive any of these conditions, or to assume any obligation on behalf of the company.
12. HEALTH CONFIRMATION: The client certifies that he or she is in excellent health. Any customer with a pre-existing medical condition or illness must disclose the real nature of their ailment at the time of booking and make preparations for any drugs or other treatment that may be required during the tour. A medical statement from a Certified Doctor would be required of such a client to establish that they are fit to travel.
13. CLIENT UNSUITABILITY, ETC. : If the company determines that a client is inappropriate for a trip, it may cancel the client’s booking or refuse to take the customer further if the client causes trouble or annoyance to other passengers.
14. MEDICAL ADVICE AND IMMUNIZATION: The client must obtain all required or generally recommended immunizations in respect to the destinations to be visited. A valid certificate of immunization against specific diseases may be advised or required in particular locations. Depending on the location they are visiting, Rainbow Mountain Treks suggests that everyone be vaccination against typhoid, polio, tetanus, and hepatitis. Additional immunizations may be required if traveling to more than one countries. In the case of vaccines, professional medical advice should be sought.
15. TRAVEL INSURANCE: All clients must have travel insurance. Before beginning a tour, the client must arrange for insurance with a reputable insurer that will cover personal injury, medical bills, emergency helicopter fees, repatriation expenses, luggage loss, and the costs connected with tour cancellation or curtailment for the duration of the tour. If a customer becomes unwell, the client is responsible for all hospital bills, doctor’s fees, and repatriation charges, and the company is not accountable for any return of the tour cost.
16. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE: If you have a complaint about the trip or tour, you must notify a tour leader or guide or the directing manager as soon as possible so that appropriate action can be taken. We take your complaints seriously, especially if they involve discrimination, deception, or allegations of sexual harassment. Please also fill out our feedback form so that we can improve the quality of our service and organization. Any form of input is much appreciated.
17. INFORMATION: The company provides information in all brochures, pamphlets, and advertisements in good faith and based on the most up-to-date information available at the time of publishing. Without being liable for compensation or reimbursement, the firm maintains the right to change any of the amenities or vehicles listed in the brochure.
18. TRAVEL DOCUMENTATION: It is the client’s duty to have a valid passport, visa permits, and any necessary immunization and medical certifications for the duration of the tour. The company assumes no responsibility for changes in visa legislation or any specific visa needs. The company will not be held liable if the client fails to secure the requisite visas.
19. SPECIAL REQUESTS: When a client makes a reservation, they must notify the company in writing of any special dietary requirements. The company will make every effort to supply special meals, but this will not always be possible.
20. EXCLUSION FROM THE TOUR: The Company will not be held liable or responsible for any client who engages in illegal or unlawful behavior. He or she could be kicked off the tour without receiving a refund.
21. PHOTOGRAPHY RIGHTS: Clients should be aware that while on any of the excursions, our authorized tour leaders and representatives may take photographs and films of our clients, which the firm reserves the right to use for any advertising or brochure production without additional agreement. The company also reserves the right to use any feedback clients provide on the trips in future promotional materials, such as questionnaires or complimenting letters.
22. SEVERABILITY: If any part, term, or provision of this contract is found to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of the deal will remain valid and enforceable. Furthermore, if any covenants are found to be illegal or unenforceable due to their scale, scope, or duration, they will remain valid and enforceable in the scale, scope, or duration that any court determines to be the utmost scale, scope, or duration permissible.
23. JURISDICTION AND LAW: The Contract shall be governed by Nepalese law and be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Nepalese government.
24. INTERPRETATION: Headings are included for reference only and have no bearing on the interpretation of any provision. Terms denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa, unless the context indicates otherwise; words denoting any one gender include all genders; and words denoting persons include businesses and corporations and vice versa.
25. PERSONAL INFORMATION: The client understands that from time to time, he or she will provide Rainbow Mountain Treks with personal information about the client (‘personal information’). Rainbow Mountain Treks has the client’s permission to use any personal information for the purpose of arranging and finalizing airline reservations and other travel-related arrangements on the client’s behalf. If the customer has made an online booking using the affiliate link, the client also consents to Rainbow Mountain Treks sending on personal contact information to the third party affiliate website. The third-party affiliate site reserves the right to contact you about more products based on your contact information.